Something has gone wrong. Perhaps this topic was closed or deleted while you were looking at it?

Hi all,
I’m having a problem with posting comments in my forum. For some reason, when I try to post a comment I get the following error:

Something has gone wrong. Perhaps this topic was closed or deleted while you were looking at it?

In the devtools I get:

But the post is alive and well. What could be the issue?
It happens in all posts.

1 Like

What version of Discourse is your site on? Are you logged in as an admin user when you are trying to post? Do you know if other users are able to post on your site?

1 Like

Thank you for you reply. I tried both from admin user and a regular user. They both does not work. The Discourse version I use is 2.4.0.beta5.

2 Likes

So do you have any idea for to solve it or at least to debug it? No one can use the forum at this moment.

Still having the issue. Our forum is now cannot be used because of this issue. We only can open new topics and not posts on those topics. Please help!

Have you enabled Cloudflare on the site? This can cause issues.

If the issue isn’t related to Cloudflare, the first step to debug the issue is to try using your forum in safe mode. If the problem still happens in safe mode, the next step is to remove any non-official plugins from your site’s app.yml file and rebuild the site with ./launcher rebuild app. If this doesn’t solve the issue then we’ll need to look at what’s going on.

Before removing plugins, you might want to visit your site with your web inspector open to its console tab. Try creating a post and look for any errors reported in the console. You could also go to your site’s logs at Admin / Logs / Error Logs and look for any errors that are reported in the logs. This may help to point out what is causing the issue.

1 Like

I have a feeling that if you remove whatever is responsible for the Unprocessable Entity error:

:black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:posts 422 includes.js

the problem will be resolved.

1 Like