Spam post pops back up in Suggested Topics

(Kane York) #1

I’m one of the users who flagged this particular spam post, and it was promptly deleted/hidden, but it just popped up in the Suggested Topics box:

We may want to recheck the suppression on these.

(Jeff Atwood) #2

Hmm, that’s interesting – can you have a look @eviltrout? I can’t even find that topic by name.

(Kane York) #3

In that case, I’m fairly certain someone used the ‘Delete Spammer’ function on the user, which would explain your inability to find it - it’s gone.

I’m raising this because, well, it’s gone and shouldn’t be showing up. And even if it was hanging around, it should be invisible to me, and not showing up in Suggested Topics.

(Neil Lalonde) #4

Looks like a bug when deleting a spammer. I’ll look at it.

(Neil Lalonde) #5

Actually, deleting a spammer does what it’s supposed to. It does mark the topic as deleted.

That topic has id 11002, and you’re right that the user was deleted.

@eviltrout Any idea why it showed up in suggested topics?

(Robin Ward) #6

I just checked the database logs and the three queries we use to build suggested topics all seem to have ("topics"."deleted_at" IS NULL) so I’m a little dumbfounded by this one.

(Jeff Atwood) #7

Maybe just a timing issue then – at the time the page (and the Suggested Topics) loaded in your browser, that topic existed, but it stopped existing shortly after that page loaded in your browser.

Closing this, then.

(Jeff Atwood) #8