SSO w/ Wordpress - Locked out of discourse, ./launcher not working

sso

(Aaron Walls) #1

I set up the wordpress plugin for SSO and I apparently missed a setting. I enabled SSO on discourse and now I get locked out. I logged into root via SSH into my Digital Ocean account and entered the following commands:

./launcher enter app
rails c
irb > SiteSetting.enable_sso = false
irb > exit
exit

However when I enter ./launcher enter app, I get “./launcher: No such file or directory”

What am I doing wrong?

(Jeff Atwood) #2

Try entering via /users/admin-login if you lock yourself out with bad SSO settings. We try to put a bunch of warnings in the site settings as well.

(Steven Greco) #3

Might seem trivial but make sure you are in the /var/discourse directory before running the ./launcher command.

(Aaron Walls) #4

Thanks guys!

@Grex315 I realized that my /var/discourse directory was no longer there. I have no idea how this could have happened. It was a fresh install in Digital Ocean. I trashed the droplet and started over and the directories are all present now. I could have been bleary eyed and missed something very basic.

@codinghorror - I’ll be sure to use the users/admin-login if I get locked out again.

Here’s a slightly different question: my main site is on a shared server at 1and1 and I’ve created a subdomain with its DNS-A pointing to the forum’s IP on digital ocean. When I was getting locked out of SSO, I was getting DNS errors. Could this have been part of the problem?