Starting a new topic by email with images

(Alaa Rihan) #1

Hi,
when I try to start a topic by email, the images show in the bottom of the topic not like what I positioned them, I tried everything, but always the same result, this is the email where I putted the images between paragraphs But in Discourse show them like this

Best Regards

(Denis Heraud) #2

You could try using HTML markup (p, img, etc.) to make it look exactly like you want. Although I’ve never tried that (creating a post over email) myself. Alternatively, you could edit your post after the fact and fix it up on Discourse, but I realize that defies the purpose of creating a post over email.

(Alaa Rihan) #3

It’s already HTML markup, it worked for replies by email but for new topics it doesn’t work correctly…

We receive emails we need an easy way to post them to the forums so I enabled this feature, it should work for new topic just like it work for replies by email.

(Régis Hanol) #4

Can you send your email again to regis.hanol@discourse.org so that I can have a look?

(Alaa Rihan) #5

Hi Régis,

Thank you for your reply,

I sent the email to your address, check please :slight_smile:

(Tobias Eigen) #6

I have the same issue with emailing in to start new topics. I have had better success with copy paste into the composer. It looks good and i can make last mi ute tweaks right away. Try it!

(Régis Hanol) #7

What version of Discourse are you running?

Is the “incoming email prefer html” site setting enabled or disabled?

(Alaa Rihan) #8

Yes, incoming email prefer html option is enabled.

(Régis Hanol) #9

Are you using the latest version of Discourse?

(Alaa Rihan) #10

Yes Régis I just upgraded to the latest release and tested it again, I got the same result the images at the bottom of the topic (unordered) same as before.

(Régis Hanol) #12

I’m pretty sure it’s working but you’re hitting an edge case. Can you send (and not forward) your test email to team@discourse.org?

(Alaa Rihan) #13

I just sent the email to team@discourse.org

Check please.