Stop discobot from sending email

(Hosein Naseri) #1

How can I stop discobot from sending greeting emails? I don’t want to disable greetings completely. But I also don’t want the greeting message to be send to the user via email.

(Jeff Atwood) #2

It’s just a PM so it has the same rules as any other PM. It will only be sent if the user is not on the website at the time the PM arrives.

(Hosein Naseri) #3

I am using discourse as my sso provider for my android application. And they are also signed up with api. So most of them aren’t on the website at the time the PM arrives. Sending forum greeting email in this situation is really awkward. on the other hand I like the idea of discobot and don’t want to disable it completely. Is there any workaround?

(Hosein Naseri) #4

I also have the same problem with digest emails in this situation and I discussed it here:

In my situation, most of my users don’t really have anything to do with my forum. Its just an authentication system for them. On the other hand, I really would like to send out digest emails to those that actually used the forum.

I think if there was an option to disable these kind of emails (PM, digest, etc) to tl0 users, that would solve my problem.

(Jeff Atwood) #5

Yes, that is an unusual scenario, just visit site settings and disable them.

(Hosein Naseri) #6

Is there a possible way to do this with a plugin? If its possible, I would like to suggest it in the marketplace.

(Jeff Atwood) #7

As I already replied, just go to site settings and disable them.

(Hosein Naseri) #8

I didn’t find such settings. As far as I know current settings disables emails for all users, including tl1, tl2 etc. But what I want is an option to disable these emails only for tl0 users and let the email be send for tl1<=users . Is there such option right now?

(Jeff Atwood) #9

Oh I see. You can disable digest/summary and discobot for all users only.

(Hosein Naseri) #10

So let me ask this question again to be sure. It cant be done even with a custom plugin (disable email for tl0 and not disable it for others)?