Stop suppressing the Reply To Indicator

(cpradio) #1

Continuing the discussion from Less noisy notifications for prolific topic authors:

Okay, so I understand not wanting to send notifications to the authors, and I don’t want to change that. I simply would like to see the reply to indicator consistently on all posts. When posts are at the bottom of the topic, they run the risk of not showing the indicator when they were actually in response to a prior post.

So when the user uses the reply button off of post 1 or on the topic, no reply indicator is needed, as the post is considered to the topic itself. – Cool, that works for me.

When the reply button used is off of posts 2-through-n, it should have the reply indicator on the post so you can easily see which post the reply was in response to. – Works most of the time, there is logic that suppresses this indicator in vanilla Discourse.

So my question, if the suppression of the reply to indicator was tied to a Site Setting (default On – meaning reply to indicators will be suppressed at times – so it stays in line with current vanilla Discourse), would the Discourse team accept it as a PR?

Edited: FYI, I feel like this was partially discussed previously in a different topic, but I couldn’t find it, so I started this one.

(Jeff Atwood) #2

This setting already exists, look for the word “suppress” in the site settings.

(cpradio) #3

My bad. So it does. My apologies :smile:

(Jeff Atwood) #4