Subscribe group of users to category

(Admir Hodzic) #1

I am trying to build up mail lists upon my discource instance.
I have my users at groups.
I have category for attaching group email to it
Is there way to connect (subscribe) all users at one group to categoy.

(Tobias Eigen) #2

Look for the “security” tab when editing categories. There you can specify which groups have access to which categories and what they’re allowed to do.

(Admir Hodzic) #3

I know how to set seciruty
What I want is push discourse to redeliver one group mail to group of users.
At seciruty tab I can set premisions for group.
But how to notify users of group abaut new content in that category ?

(Tobias Eigen) #4

Ah. You’re talking about what in discourse is called “watching” topics. I had to deal with this too - there are three methods:

1. let users know they need to watch a category in order to be notified by email for every new topic or post. They’d set this in their user settings.
  2. set default notification setting for categories, so when new users join they are already watching th category. You can set this via admin settings.
  3. force watching of certain categories by certain group members. You can set this up by forking the plugin below and using it on your install.

(Admir Hodzic) #5

This is setting per USER as a know not per Gropu.
In this case I need to keep manuely edit every one user in targeting GROPU ?

(Tobias Eigen) #6

if you choose this option then, yes, you are doing this by user. But do note that it’s perfectly safe to set a default notification setting for a category that users don’t have access to. It’ll show up in their settings as soon as you give them access.

Personally I prefer option 3, which lets you force users to watch certain categories based on the group they are in.