Tags not showing on topic view page

(AstonJ) #1

I seem to have different behaviour on my forum to what’s here on meta.

Here:

The tags (‘themes’ in the pic above) is visible - but it’s not on my forum.

When you scroll down a bit:

The tags move up to the top, and are visible as per the pic (I get the same behaviour here).

I’ve upgraded to the latest version via /upgrade and also viewed the forum via a new default theme - but I’m still missing the tags as per pic one. Have I missed a setting somewhere or is something else going on?

(Sam Saffron) #2

Can you try safe mode? Could be a theme or plugin

(AstonJ) #3

I tried that Sam (via /safe-mode) and I’m still getting the same behaviour.

I’ve also noticed that sometimes the tags are not showing on the ‘latest’ page - I haven’t been able to verify 100% whether that’s happening here as I’ve only checked the first 50 topics, but out of those the problem doesn’t seem to exist here.

However going back to the original problem, I seem to have a list-tags div but it is empty. I have moved the Topic to a public section (and changed the timestamp) in case you want to have a look.

Edit: More odd behaviour, in this Topic only one of the tags is showing (scroll up to see both) :confused:

(Neil Lalonde) #4

I think it’s caused by the “suppress overlapping tags in list” setting. Looking at the list of topics tagged with “nerve”, I notice that topics with the word “nerve” in the title don’t show the tag.

(AstonJ) #5

Yep that was it - thanks Neil!

I looked at the Tags tab in the ACP and that setting doesn’t show there - wonder if all settings to do with tags should be in that section?