Tags that are visible to specific tiers

This should be my last question as I appreciate ive asked a few of late! I hope I’m not an annoyance.

I’ve googled and checked here to no avail before committing to this post.

I’m looking to find out if there is a way to have a tag that only a certain tier can both apply to a topic and see.

Example use: basic user reports a bug about our product. They tag it with ‘bug’. We’re looking for a way to show other t4 members that the topic has entered our bug tracking software from the category view by means of a ‘raised’ or ‘processed’ tag, visible only to the t4 (and above) members.

Yes you might suggest a tag that all users can see would be the most open way to deal with this but in video games there are certain behaviours (entitlement being one) that would make a tag seen by all be confirmation that their report is guaranteed to be resolved when this is not always going to be the case and a tag they could see might only push that entitlement further.

Thanks!

(Jae Van Rysselberghe) #2

I don’t think that is natively possible in Discourse 1.9.

From what I can tell, Discourse has the ability to only allow certain set of tags to be used for a chosen category, and that specific groups can use specific tags.