The customized CSS does not take effect on admin pages

(Nick Chow) #1

The customized CSS likes adding border-radius to .avatar images does not take effect when opening the admin pages, but when returning back to the other pages, it works. it seems like the customized CSS can not override the default ones in the admin pages.
Can anyone tell me how did this happen? Is this a bug or not? How to solve this? It turned up after I updating to the v1.3.0.beta1 +104

CSS admin-contents reloaded
(Sam Saffron) #2

we disable css overrides in admin on-purpose

(Nick Chow) #3

Hi Sam,
Thanks for letting me know.
Is there any chance to enable css overrides again in the future , or it’s a permanent change.

(Sam Saffron) #5

We are reverting some of the change, CSS changes will be visible on admin. however if you refresh they will go away (as a safeguard)

(Nick Chow) #6

Thanks, mate. Really appreciate it!

(Nick Chow) #7

Hi Sam,
Sorry to bother again, after updating v1.3.0.beta2 +17 this morning, it seems I cannot override some CSS changes in admin pages again! What’s odd is that not entire admin page’s CSS changes do not take effect, but few amounts.
Let me give you some examples:

The background-color of input should look like this with CSS overrides:

instead it looks like this after updating to the current version:

I tried to figure out why it happened, I found the customized CSS has lower priority than the system one.

(Sam Saffron) #8

well that is cause one is .setting.overridden.string and the other .setting.overriden

(Nick Chow) #9

Aha, nailed it! Thank you so much, Sam!