The edit icon has disappeared!

(Ana Lugo) #1

Hi guys!

I went to edit an article today, but the little pencil has disappeared from the options… Help? I could edit it a couple of weeks ago… Please let me know if you need more info.

Screenshot: 2015-12-21_2059

Thank you!
Ana

(Sam Saffron) #2

There is a site setting that controls how long you are allowed to edit stuff for.

(Ana Lugo) #4

ah, thank you! I’ll let the boss know so he can take a look… if it’s not that I’ll post here again. Thanks, Sam! :smile:

Could you tell me where it is? I can’t find it. Thanks again!

(Sam Saffron) #5

It is called “post edit time limit” in Site Settings.

(Mittineague) #6

Found at
http site /admin/site_settings/category/posting

about a third of the way down
* not to be confused with the “grace period” setting above it

editing grace period
For (n) seconds after posting, editing will not create a new version in the post history.
post edit time limit
The author can edit or delete their post for (n) minutes after posting. Set to 0 for forever.

(Jesse Casman) #7

Thanks for this thread. Just used these responses to fix my problem. One user noticed they could no longer edit a post they had been working on for a while. Same essential problem as @Ana_Lugo. Thanks to @sam and @Mittineague for the easy solution.

Just wanted to point out that I believe you can do it per post as well. Look for the wrench icon to the upper left of a post…

You’ll get an Admin menu…

Choose Auto Close, here circled in red, and you’ll have several options for setting Auto-close timing or “Don’t Auto-Close This Topic.”