The "Loading..." window width should be sized according to the translated text length

(Marco) #1

Too short:

(Michael Downey) #2

Why even have a word here at all? They’re common enough these days that people generally understand loading animations these days, especially the spinner design used here.

(Jeff Atwood) #3

I agree with this sentiment, but I worry the loading bar will be too small with just the spinner.

Let’s give it a shot, checking in the change now for topic list, I suspect we will need to de-black the loading bar and just have the spinner, as it’ll look weird with an arbitrary black background now.

(Michael Downey) #4

Larger size and decreased opacity of the box could help that if it becomes a problem…

(Jeff Atwood) #5

I’m going to go ahead and make this change everywhere. The spinner should suffice, and it’s one less place we have to worry about translations.

From an international perspective Glyphs > Words, in the places you can get away with it, and I agree with you @downey this is one of those places.

(Michael Downey) #6

Continuing the discussion from Ajax icon on mobile:

Expanding on this a bit … with Chrome on a Nexus 5, the spinner icon is partially obstructed by the header, when using the “back” button to navigate back a screen.

(Jeff Atwood) #7

Ok I increased its size a lot and added a top margin to the topic based one.

(Michael Downey) #8

Looks good on this end.

(Jeff Atwood) #9

This topic was automatically closed after 3 days. New replies are no longer allowed.