The moderators and admins group pages are hard to find

(Adam Capriola) #1

I think it would be helpful if maybe the trophy and magic wand glyphs linked to the group pages for moderators and admins. Sometimes new users want to know “who’s in charge” and it would be nice if they could see a list of the higher-ups.

Alternatively, the moderators and admins groups could be listed along with your created, non-standard groups.

(Jeff Atwood) #2

Not a bad idea to link the glyphs, though that’s a crazy tiny click target for anything but desktop, of course.

(Adam Capriola) #3

True. On profile pages they are a bit bigger though.

(cpradio) #4

On the posts it is, but on their profile it is a much larger glyph, and it is non-existent on user cards…

(Erlend Sogge Heggen) #5

There are a lot of clickable things on any given Discourse screen as it stands already. Why not make it available through user cards? You already have the groups: ubuntu, discourse there, which btw I’ve no idea what is.

(Jeff Atwood) #6

Why don’t you try clicking them to find out?

(Erlend Sogge Heggen) #7

I did, and it wasn’t very illuminating. I see that it’s a filter of some sort, but that’s about it.

(jon r) #8

Maybe this thread is not about moderator and admin groups specifically, but groups in general. Up until today I didn’t even know these paths above exist.

I can imagine a small two-step addition in this place:

1. Add Show in Groups Listing checkmark additionally to the visibility settings.
  2. Provide an endpoint at /groups/ that gives an initial overview of published groups similiar to /about.