The system font changed from Arial to Times New Roman after updating

While verifying the click counting fixed issue, I found the system font had been changed from Arial to Times New Roman.

I checked the setting based on this post. The Arial font looks fine on mysite/wizard/steps/fonts.

I didn’t install theme, my current theme is the default one.

And I changed the basic setup font to Arial (from Notosan in the past), the outlook is still Times New Roman.

Looks like there are some codes related to font have been changed today.
spec/components/stylesheet/importer_spec.rb

My updating before and after information:

How can I solve this problem? Thanks for help.

1 Like

Sorry about that, this does look like an issue with a recent change in core. I have a PR ready with a fix for this part:

I’m not entirely sure why you had the original issue, though.

Did you rebuild the site from the admin UI or via ./launcher rebuild app from the CLI?

4 Likes

Hi there,

Same issue here. I updated from admin now. These lines missing from my color-definitions.scss

:root {
  --font-family: Arial, sans-serif;
}

:root {
  --heading-font-family: Arial, sans-serif;
}

Screenshot 2021-06-30 at 14.26.11

We use some custom colors in color-definitions if this help something to investigate. :slight_smile:

Should I rebuild?

Thank you! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Can you try a rebuild from the command line?

1 Like

Yes, rebuild solve the problem. :slight_smile: Thank you!

2 Likes

Thanks for @pmusaraj prompt response, and thanks for @dodesz verification.

I will rebuild tomorrow morning to verify cause there are users browsing at night.

2 Likes

The problem has been solved. Many thanks again.

Information:

1. I upgrade by admin UI yesterday.
  2. I rebuild the app through PuTTY this morning.
2 Likes

The Serif font on update issue appeared again a few days ago. (I’m away from my usual environment & unable to SSH in to resolve this with the rebuild workaround).

I fixed this via the default css theme workaround described here: Site default font changed from Arial to Serif after recent update