The tracking timeline on the right is missing -- where is the setting for this?

(Blu McCormick) #1

This tracking timeline is missing on my forum. Is there a setting for this that I should turn on? Thanks in advance.

P.S. By “tracking toggle” I mean this:

04%20PM

(Joshua Rosenfeld) #2

Does the topic have less than 3 posts? The timeline only displays once there are at least 3 posts.

(Blu McCormick) #3

Ok. That is why. Thanks, @jomaxro.

Is there a setting, by chance, that lets you set the minimum number of topics before the timeline appears?

(Joshua Rosenfeld) #4

Not that I’m aware of, no.

(Blu McCormick) #5

I have a category that only has one topic that people might like to keep an eye on, but in the scheme of things, no biggy and no complaints from me.

(Joshua Rosenfeld) #6

The tracking button below the timeline is not the only way to track a topic - there’s always the tracking button at the bottom regardless of if the timeline appears:

(Blu McCormick) #7

Thanks.

Actually, I think there might something buggy going on with my timeline because in a sub category with many topics, some have the timeline and some don’t. This category:

https://forums.wethepeoplejournal.com/c/lcag-wiki/user-tips-and-tricks

This topic has a timeline:

But this topic (as well as some others) doesn’t:

I am also having something weird going on with badges, too:

(Joshua Rosenfeld) #8

Hmm…not sure. I always thought 3 posts was when the timeline appears - perhaps there’s also a long post length trigger? @sam, do you know?

(Sam Saffron) #9

Not sure off the top of my head, but you can trial and error it on try

(Joshua Rosenfeld) #10

Yeah, long posts will trigger it too @McBlu. See A long first topic - Demo (that topic will be gone tomorrow when try resets)

(Blu McCormick) #11

So I am thinking that this isn’t a bug. Thanks.

(Jeff Atwood) #12

Er what? It appears for any topic with at least 1 reply.

(Blu McCormick) #13

Then why no timeline on this topic which has a reply from 17 hours ago?

(Jeff Atwood) #14

My bad, it’s actually 2 replies. So @jomaxro was correct in saying 3 posts:

1. first post
  2. first reply
  3. second reply

That is three posts, two replies. So if you want the navigation, reply again there.

(Blu McCormick) #15

Cool. Two replies did it. Appeared as I watched. So when the dummy account Betty made her reply, voila, it appeared.

(Joshua Rosenfeld) #16

I wasn’t exactly correct. Here’s the timeline appearing for a topic with no replies: A long first topic - Demo. It seems that 3 posts (first post and two replies) is what will always trigger it, but a long first post seems to trigger it as well.