Just noticed this as I was watching Slick Image Gallery, I’m not having Customization > Theme component topics show up on the main page for me (/latest), is that intentional or a bug?
AI-generated summary
Issue with #theme-component topics not appearing on the main page. Firepup650 reported that #theme-component topics are not showing up on the /latest page, despite tracking the topic. JammyDodger suggested checking notification levels for the broken tag and confirmed that #theme-component topics appear for them. It was discovered that the broken tag was set to muted, which may have caused the issue. Further investigation revealed that a muted tag seems to override per-topic settings, even if a topic is set to tracking. Firepup650 suspects this might be the cause of the problem.
Could you check your notification level for the broken tag?
Edit: Just to add, Customization > Theme component topics show up for me, as well as for anon:
Strange, it was set to muted, though AFAIK I never did that. (And I could have sworn I’ve seen broken topics on /latest before)
The broken, deprecated, and unmaintained tags are default muted so people get an uncluttered list when browsing for new ones to add to their sites (and if anyone has an issue with a particular customisation they would normally find the topic through Search).
Though if you’re watching or tracking a topic at the topic level then that would take precedence, which is why you may have seen others?
Not sure, and the topic was set as tracking because I have my preferences set to make any topic I read as Tracking.
Hmm. I’m not sure then.
It we can come up with some repro steps to replicate we can slide it back over to Contribute > Bug again.
Seems like a tag (like broken) on Muted overrides per-topic settings, even on Tracking.
