Theme keeps reverting to "Full Height Composer"

(Christoph) #1

I have changed my theme here on meta to Full Height Composer but when I now try to change it back to the dark theme it keeps reverting back to the “Full Height Composer” theme.

More precisely: I go to my interface preferences (because in the Full Height Composer theme, there seems to be no theme selector in the Hamburger Menu) and select “Dark Theme” (as well as “make this my default theme on all devices”). To my surprise, the setting takes immediate effect but to be on the safe side, I also press “Save”. So far so good. But once I press the discourse logo to get back to /latest, the “Full Height Composer” theme takes over again. Reloading the page doesn’t help.

(Jeff Atwood) #2

Can you repro this @falco?

(Rafael dos Santos Silva) #3

This is a bug related to user themes, I thought it was already filled so I didn’t bother filling it before.

Repro:

1. Pick a custom user theme and apply to every device (let’s call it the dark one here on meta)

2. Go to a different device and apply one just to it (let’s call it the Full Height one)

3. Use it

4. In this device using a specific theme, try to change back to your global option (dark) but try to apply on every device.

5. Theme will revert to specific one as soon you leave the preferences page.

I believe that the specific theme will have a “priority” and will not be overwrote by a later but broader option.

(Christoph) #4

This is not what I did, though. I have never applied a theme to a specific device, always to all my devices.

(Felix Freiberger) #5

Did you use the…

…? I think that changes the local theme only.

(Christoph) #6

Good point. I did. So that’s that puzzle solved. But I’m still stuck on the same theme. Is there any workaround for this? Maybe if I try to change the theme locally only. Will try that right away.

Edit: it works.

So, is this a bug or just a nuisance?

(Sam Saffron) #7

This all sounds like a bit of a bug