TL3 requirements calculation somewhat off

(PJH) #1

I’ve had posts liked on 101 of the last 100 days.

And I’m sure the fact that I’ll “be promoted soon” has been pointed out before…

(Mittineague) #2

I think the “101 of 100” may be related to the "users this week, visits 8"
i.e. “days” is really “visits”

You haven’t been promoted to TL3? Maybe your Trust Level has been locked?

(from TDWTF) #3

He has been locked as admin :smiley:

Filed Under: The worst kind of lock

(Mittineague) #4

Well, if this is an Admin / Moderator thing only, how does it qualify as a Bug and not simply a “Disquirk”?

A bug report means something is broken, preventing normal/typical use of Discourse. Do be sure to search prior to submitting bugs. Include repro steps, and only describe one bug per topic please.

My only concern would be if the app is actually failing to promote qualified TL2 non-staff members to TL3 in a timely manner. (i.e. within 24 hours)

(cpradio) #5

Because the data is potentially wrong and thus either not promoting or promoting users who should have TL 3 or should not have TL 3 abilities?

If the data being wrong is simply a visual issue, that greatly lessens the possible damage.

(Mittineague) #6

Yes, there could very well be dragons lurking in the dark crevices of the labyrinth. .

Do you know if this requires sidekiq ? If not I could try lowering my qualifications in localhost and testing it.

(cpradio) #7

Fairly certain it is Sidekiq that does the promoting/demoting, I don’t think Sidekiq is needed for the stats though.

(Mittineague) #8

Yes, I just found it.
app/jobs/scheduled/tl3_promotions.rb

class Tl3Promotions < Jobs::Scheduled
    daily at: 4.hours 
      User.real.where(trust_level: TrustLevel[2],
                      trust_level_locked: false)
               .where.not(id: demoted_user_ids).find_each do |u|
        Promotion.new(u).review_tl2
      end

I really need to see if I can find a way for Windows to play nicer with my localhost.

(loopback0 - TDWTF) #9

He’s already TL3.
He means that even when a user is already TL3 - it still says “Will be promoted soon.”.

What? It lists them as different things.

(Mittineague) #10

So? Admittedly it is confusing on first sight, but is it actually breaking anything?

Do you think it’s really worth the effort to change things so it says something like
"this member is either not TL2, has TL locked, or is demoted and will not be promoted"

(Kane York) #11

Here’s the correct text logic, we just need to move it into the Discourse code and add translation keys. (I wrote this part)

https://github.com/SockDrawer/SockBot/blob/master/sock_modules/trust.js#L157-L217

(PJH) #12

As pointed out previously, I actually am TL3 (and an admin, but that’s besides the point.)

Something about the numbers is wrong, and those numbers are what’s used to decide whether a user is TL2 or TL3.

If someone’s going in there to fix the calculations, they might as well change the copy related to them at the same time.

Or do you consider some wrong information OK, but other wrong information Not OK?

(loopback0 - TDWTF) #13

I guess some stuff could probably be recoloured instead.

Exactly the point.

(Mittineague) #14

That’s the question

BUT is it simply a visual issue?

If it is simply the logic for the displayed info that is off, not so much of a problem IMHO. Should be fixed, but back-burner.

If the logic is off and causing problems with TL2 <-> TL3 status, it’s a big problem and should be fixed ASAP

From my limited experience I have yet to see any TL2 members that met the TL3 requirements and should have been promoted but weren’t

Last I looked into it was a while ago. At that time many numbers were extremely wonky. The consensus was that it was because many posts had been migrated in and it skewed the “100 days” calculations. After we were 100 days past the migration things settled and everything looked as would be expected to look since.

But I was focused on “posts”, “read” and “entered” etc. not Likes counts, so maybe there is a problem there.

More than a lot of things that have been changed.