I have been pondering launching / running a forum for some time. The forum concept is for a broad sector and not to support my own product or software.
- I wonder how niche my market needs to be for success or does it not matter? For example could I run a forum on Frogs or would it need to be frogs of the americas ? I guess this is all subjective.
- Will running a forum be a nightmare? Could I run it on my own? How much time ?
- Provided I get traffic, can you make a return that matches the time put in?
- Do I need other website content ?
- What other questions should I be asking?
I guess I am just looking for warnings and tips! If you are a renowned sceptic please state as such !