Topic counts in categories

(Kuba) #1

Not sure if this is a bug or if I’m missing something, but here on meta at the categories page:

it says that in the “faq” category, there is 30 topics over the last year, but the “view all” button says there is a total of 32 topics. Something similar is in the “discourse hub” category, you can immediately see 3 topics, but it says there are only 2 in the last year.

(Tim Stone) #2

The time period counts exclude non-visible, non-“Category definition” topics assigned to the given category, but it looks like the “view all…” button is probably just taking the raw count of all topics assigned to the category, regardless of their state.

I’m not positive if the “Category definition” post is actually meant to be displayed in the category-filtered topics list now, so I don’t know if it makes sense to include it in the total count or not. It should probably not be shown in the category summary at least, to avoid confusion with the time period counts like you have with the discourse hub category.

(Sam Saffron) #3

Yeah, we should fix this, stuff needs to be consistent.

(Jeff Atwood) #4

Old category page was scrapped and newly redesigned, so should be good on the new categories page.

(Jeff Atwood) #5