Topic permalinks broken in posts?

I just created a permalink to a topic, and whilst the link works when typed in a browser, I cannot seem to be able to link to it successfully within a post on the site.

Example: Permalink bug test - Site Feedback - SE23 Forum | Forest Hill & Honor Oak

(Jay Pfaffman) #2

I think that it’s the case that permalinks are intended to work only for incoming links and are not intended to be handled by the Javascript front end.

Thanks @pfaffman.

I understand that a fix may be complicated by the front-end JSapp being somewhat separate from the back-end Ruby app.

However it does feel wrong that I can type se23.life/dominos into a browser and it works, but if I include this URL in a post on se23.life, it sends the clicker to an error page.

(Jay Pfaffman) #4

I agree that it “feels wrong”, but I’m pretty sure that the feature is designed to deal with external links coming in and not to create internal links.

I think I’ve had the same problem dealing with internal links on imported data.

(Gerhard Schlager) #5

It’s exactly as @pfaffman said. Permalinks are only supposed to work for incoming links.
The most recent discussion on that topic was: Permalink normalizations don’t work for internal links