Topics content not loading - missing en. error

(Viorela) #1


I’ve noticed in the past two days that when I access a page I sometimes get the missing English translation error.

Ctrl + f5 solves this issue but only temporarily. I noticed some changes in the platform, so could this be because of a recent update?


(Gerhard Schlager) #2

I’m not aware of any recent changes that could be causing missing English translations. Are your users experiencing the same problem? I didn’t notice any missing translations while browsing your forum.

(Viorela) #3

I didn’t get any reports so far from the users. At first I thought it’s because of the internet connection (i’m mostly on mobile hotspot these days) but two of my colleagues from the office also told me about this error.

Thanks for your response anyways, I will keep you posted if this persists in the next days.

1 Like
(Viorela) #4

Actually, more reports coming regarding this from my colleagues and some users.

"Hey, I encountered a big issue.

I enter forum from browser, incognito or not.

I hit the refresh button and suddenly everything breaks. If I reopen the site in a new page or in another incognito works fine. It’s the refresh that brakes everything. Tested on Chrome-Mac and iOS. "missing "en....""

(Jeff Atwood) #5

I suspect a local browser issue (plugins, config, etc) can you try in a different web browser, one you do not normally use?

Also can you repro this on cell phone network versus WiFi for mobile?

(Viorela) #6

Hi Jeff,

Firefox and Edge seem not to give this error. Also, on the phone it works fine on Safari. So this could be a Chrome issue?

(Mihai Badita) #7

i have the same issue on safari-ios. other users reported to.

(Mihai Badita) #8

Repro steps:

  1. Clear cookies, cache
  2. Go to forum
  3. Click Refresh in iOS
  4. one in two you’ll get it

You need to clear cookies again in order to make it work

(Gerhard Schlager) #9

Oh, with lots of refreshes, I can reproduce it in Chrome too. Looks like leadflows.js is causing the problem.

This script is loaded by the “HubSpot Embed Code” in your theme’s header.

<!-- Start of HubSpot Embed Code -->
<script type="text/javascript" id="hs-script-loader" async defer src="//"></script>
<!-- End of HubSpot Embed Code -->

That’s the same problem as mentioned in Missing English Translation Bug

(Mihai Badita) #10

Lots of likes!!! :hearts:

(Gerhard Schlager) #11

You could try moving the embed code into the </body> part of the theme. Maybe that helps, otherwise I suggest disabling the leadflows feature.

(Mihai Badita) #12

I moved it in footer and seems to be working. Thanks!

(Gerhard Schlager) #13

I don’t think the script will be loaded when it’s in the theme’s footer section. Checking. No, it’s not loading on your site anymore. I’d suggest using the </body> section.