Translation of email templates does not get saved if

(Pad Pors) #1

currently when one translate strings in the admin customize panel, if he doesn’t put the existed code (i.e. % words) in the translation string, he gets error.

e.g.: if I want to translate activation.welcome_to in the /admin/customize/site_texts/ panel, if I don’t put %{site_name} inside the string, it doesn’t allow me to save the string.

which is good.

If I translate these strings in the admin/customize/email_templates panel, and remove the needed %s, it doesn’t give me any error, and it confirms a successful translation.

after a page refresh, in these cases, the translations go back to the previous state without being saved!

can a error message also be added to the email-template section? otherwise people may not understand their translations in the email_template panel is not being saved.

Changes to email templates not saving
(Pad Pors) #2

Also for some of the emails, the % word doesn’t seem to be needed, while with the recent update, one can’t remove it.

for example look at this title for an invite email:

the two Pad Pors’s are %{invitee_name}, which is somehow ugly! is there any way to fix this and reduce it to one Pad Pors at least?!

or is there any way to remove this % from the email template?

(Jeff Atwood) #3

What do you think @tgxworld?

(Hosein Naseri) #4

I have a similar problem which is reported here: