Translations for v1.0

(Neil Lalonde) #1

We’re getting close to releasing v1.0, so we’d like to get translations to 100% completion! Some locales have fallen behind lately, like French at 67% for server.yml. Can you please help us? Pleeeeeease?

As mentioned in this topic, we’ve moved translations out of the html.erb files into the standard yml files, which should make things much easier going forward. Some important keys that need to be translated soon are privacy_topic.body, tos_topic.body, and guidelines_topic.body.

I left the html.erb files in Transifex for now so they can be referenced, but I’ll delete them once the translations are done.

Link to creating a custom local translation creation: 1,2,3
Translators We Want You!
(Erick Guan) #2

It’s long. How many days do I have? I am keeping updating the client and server luckily…

For docker installation, it is still not localized even if the correct locale was given. The problem is discussing here.

(Sebastien Miquerolle) #3

Ok @neil. I’ll do my best to finish translations of the french locales.

Edit: server.fr is now at 82% I’ll try to finish it tomorrow.

:fr: French terms translation
(probus) #4

Just to be clear, translators should not be working on tos.en.html.erb, privacy.en.html.erb and faq.en.html.erb in Transifex anymore because they will be removed in a few days and their contents have been moved to server.en.yml?

When will the translations have to be finalized to be included in 1.0? When will the english strings be finalized for 1.0?

(Sebastien Miquerolle) #5

After 4h of work, I finished the french translation at 100%.

I also worked on the privacy/tos/guidelines to fit with the french law (CC 3.0 FR / DMCA -> DADVSI).

I noticed that the /privacy link the Child - Wikipedia instead of Children's Online Privacy Protection Act - Wikipedia (I fixed it in the fr locales).

Now, I think we need to take more 4h/5h to review the translation / terms / syntax ^^

We are closed to the v1.0 ! :confetti_ball:

(Neil Lalonde) #6

Yes that’s right. I don’t know when they’ll be removed. They’ll be there as long as translators need them as a reference.

We don’t have an exact date yet, but it won’t be this week. So there’s time.

Good question. We’ll need to be more careful about changing english translation files, but it’s sometime hard to avoid when fixing bugs.

(Anton) #7

Progress update: contributed + ~100 translated Russian strings,
UPD. but it looks as they are not being reviewed. There are more than 50% in the queue to be reviewed.

(Andrey Zaika) #8

We really need some contact with the person reviewing the Russian language, because the process seems to be stuck for a long time already.

(Anton) #9

… or grant somebody the review rights.

(Anton) #10

I just checked. Actually 0% have been reviewed.
I could help reviewing translations but not alone because it’s very time consuming.

@codinghorror sorry for grabbing your attention by referring to your nickname, but is there anyone who can grant translation reviewing rights for a Russian translation? It is currently 73% translated and 0% reviewed.

(Arpit Jalan) #11

Added you as Reviewer for Russian translation team.

(Anton) #12

Oh, thank you! One more thing, please.

I still can’t find about “one”, “few” and “many” - when is each of them used?
This is especially important for Russian translations, please see here:

Also, I hope other reviewers will be able to reviewed/accepted translations when needed, is this correct?

(Erick Guan) #13

GREAT! Left 3 translation for zh_CN. Too long…

(Sebastien Miquerolle) #14

Good luck translators ! :four_leaf_clover:

(Jeff Atwood) #15