Troubleshooting being stuck on upgrading (very fresh install)

(Lucas Nicodemus) #1

Hiya. I installed a test Discourse forum with the suggested 1GB specs (1GB ram, 2GB swap on DigitalOcean). Immediately, I checked for upgrades with the /admin/upgrade route and performed an upgrade.

It got to the generating static assets (this may take some time) stage and just halted. It’s been there for two hours.

Free -m:
total used free shared buff/cache available Mem: 992 727 83 14 181 87 Swap: 2047 311 1736

The only thing I can think of here is to rebuild, but I’m curious as to whether or not this should have worked out of the box? I didn’t do anything particularly strange – I just followed the install instructions and immediately checked for an upgrade. I’m bringing this up because it could be a bug(?) or just incompetence(?).

(Jay Pfaffman) #2

You could first click that thing that says to interrupt it (or something like that). It has scary sounding text, but it’ll be fine. You can see then if the upgrade actually finished and docker_manager just doesn’t know about it. Then you can rebuild from the command line if it still seems funky.

It’s almost certainly not your fault.