Trust-Level Avatar Flair

Hmm, something must have changed in core recently. Thanks for the report @Arduous! I’ll need to take a closer look next week, but a temporary fix should be adding this to your theme’s Desktop CSS:

.topic-avatar .tl-flair {
  top: 40px;
}
4 Likes

Is it possible that this has changed?
I only see in my Discourse the option js.trust_levels.names.xxxxx and not sure if that’s the one I should change for this.

1 Like

You can find these by searching for js.trust_levels.names on your /admin/customize/site_texts page, and that should bring them all up. :+1:

I’ll update the OP with the new field names. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hi @tshenry . Is it possible to enable setting to allow avatar flair on topic lists page author column?

2 Likes

Unfortunately, I don’t believe there’s a way to do that at this point. This component follows the same display logic as group flair, so given we don’t show group flair on the avatars of that column, it’s not going to work. There are deeper customizations one could do that could make it work, but that would be out of the scope of this component.

3 Likes

:wave:
Afaik once a flair is assigned, say for newuser, is continues to automatically be displayed for higher trust levels. What I’d like to do is assign a flair, but only for newusers

1 Like

I would like to know if it is possible for the emblems to be “hidden” and available to choose through preferences! or do they become active automatically when the person moves up the “rank” within the forum?