Trust Level Setting not working

(Hakan) #1

I am raising the limit of opening a topic to become a tl1. But I do not open the 5 subject limit, but the users with 1 theme become tl1

My setting

But there are 5 issues to be opened by users. How can I solve this?

(cpradio) #2

That setting doesn’t mean what you think it means. It says “topics entered” meaning they viewed 5 different topics, not that they created 5 topics.

(Hakan) #3

Where is the number of topics that must be created to become a TL1? Is not it my 5 writing ?

Correct, it is not. Your 5 is the number of topics they must ‘enter’ (go into).
There is no setting for the number they must start.

It is assumed that TL0 members are very new so starting topics is not a requirement.

(Hakan) #5

the number of topics that need to be entered 5, I do, but even if I enter 1 subject it becomes tl1

(cpradio) #6

Again, it is not the number of topics the person must create. It is the number of topics the user must visit/read.

See the above, it only mentions “reading” to get promoted to TL1.

(Hakan) #7

At Discourse, we believe reading is the most fundamental and healthy action in any community. If a new user is willing to spend a little time reading, they will quickly be promoted to the first trust level.
Get to trust level 1 by…

• entering at least 5 topics

I think I can not tell you, it has such a feature and it’s writing in the post. I would like a user to have more than 10 topics for being tl1

(Kane York) #8

Here, “entering” means “visiting” / “reading”, not “making” / “creating”

(Hakan) #9

Oh I understand, so there is a problem in Turkish translation. So why is there no limit to creating a topic? I think you should add some more rank system to the discourse

(Mittineague) #10

Yes, it’s enter as in go in, not enter as in submit.

AFAIK, there are rate limits for the number of posts / topics a new user can create.

If you mean that making a certain number of posts / topics should be a requirement for progressing a trust level, I’m not so sure that’s a good idea. Content creation is secondary to content consumption.

Currently getting a certain number of Likes is a requirement. And to get a Like there needs to be a post to get Liked. Maybe tweaking that up could do what you want?

(cpradio) #11

That would be for a higher TL, not TL1. TL1 is intentionally easy to get into because TL0 is a HUGE sandbox and limits a lot of Discourse functionality