Unable to bootstrap discourse on AWS

(Jacob Mani) #1

Am trying to install discourse on AWS EC2
and i have been following the under 30 miuntes installation github instruction

but after i type in the following command $ ./launcher bootstrap app

i get the following error

which: no docker.io in (/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin)

Your Docker installation is not using aufs, in the past we have had issues with it
If you are unable to bootstrap your image (or stop it) please report the issue at:

ERROR: Docker version 1.1.2 not supported, please upgrade to at least 1.2.0, or recommended 1.2.0

I went through few posts and tried out things but i am confused and nothing is working
What should i do?

(lid) #2

http://docs.docker.com/installation/ubuntulinux/

might work

$ curl -sSL https://get.docker.io/ubuntu/ | sudo sh

(Jacob Mani) #3

i am trying to install it on amazon EC2

(Chris Adams) #4

I found that using the Digital Ocean installation guide works perfect for any Ubuntu install.

https://meta.discourse.org/t/beginners-guide-to-deploy-discourse-on-digital-ocean-using-docker/12156?source_topic_id=20006

I would suggest using those steps.

You may try running the following:

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade

(Jacob Mani) #5

I used this guide but unable to bootstrap the app using docker its giving me an error always

(Jacob Mani) #6

@codinghorror Now i am getting this error message

FAILED
--------------------
RuntimeError: cd /var/www/discourse && su discourse -c 'bundle exec rake db:migrate' failed with return #<Process::Status: pid 2442 exit 1>
Location of failure: /pups/lib/pups/exec_command.rb:85:in `spawn'
exec failed with the params {"cd"=>"$home", "hook"=>"web", "cmd"=>["gem update bundler", "chown -R discourse $home", "su discourse -c 'bundle install --deployment --verbose --without test --without development'", "su discourse -c 'bundle exec rake db:migrate'", "su discourse -c 'bundle exec rake assets:precompile'"]}
65f7f7d5e518592d78a66d974ed10796214cadd372c78fc8ea72d9fc4b29fb25
FAILED TO BOOTSTRAP

(Jeff Atwood) #7

As documented in the other topic you need to replace your Linux kernel with one that is AuFS compatible.

(Jacob Mani) #8

Getting this error again i did make it AuFS compatible

FAILED
--------------------
RuntimeError: cd /var/www/discourse && su discourse -c 'bundle exec rake db:migrate' failed with return #<Process::Status: pid 2442 exit 1>
Location of failure: /pups/lib/pups/exec_command.rb:85:in `spawn'
exec failed with the params {"cd"=>"$home", "hook"=>"web", "cmd"=>["gem update bundler", "chown -R discourse $home", "su discourse -c 'bundle install --deployment --verbose --without test --without development'", "su discourse -c 'bundle exec rake db:migrate'", "su discourse -c 'bundle exec rake assets:precompile'"]}
5b97babf4d63047a15cc999c4566619e251c7f5afe68b4755493b3ce8df94563
FAILED TO BOOTSTRAP

(Eric Schleicher) #9

Are you doing this on a 12.04 LTS ubuntu image? My understanding was that 14.04 has the “fixed” kernel…

-Eric