Unable to Change Themes (video demo)

(Andrew Mead) #1

I’m trying to change themes following the guides I’ve seen in the community. I’m running into an issue where my changes doesn’t seem to save after a page refresh. Here’s an example gif of me attempting to switch the default theme from dark to light: http://files.mead.io/0Y1e3Q402u0k

The changes seems to get saved, but upon a refresh the old theme is the default and the visuals didn’t change.

Any idea what’s going on here?

- Andrew

(Daniela) #2

I think this happens because in your profile settings the theme selected remains the old one.

Try to navigate your forum in incognito mode to see if it happens to all the other users.

(Joshua Rosenfeld) #3

I can confirm the issue. Reproducible here on Meta. It’s likely related to Unable to change custom title and Can’t enable mailing list mode.

cc @zogstrip

(Régis Hanol) #5

This is now fixed :banana:

(Andrew Mead) #6

Great! Any idea when that will go live?

(Joshua Rosenfeld) #7

@andrewmead, we generally push updates to the standard tier once a week. I’m not quite sure when the last deploy was, but there’s a broad timeframe to work off of.

(Robert) #8

I made sure that the fix of @zogstrip is in the tests-passed branch and updates. I still cannot change the default theme.

(Andrew Mead) #9

Good to know. I’m new to discourse, so thanks for the info and help!

(Joshua Rosenfeld) #10

Thanks for the report @rriemann, meta is a few commits behind right now, I’ll test this tomorrow once we catch up.

(Régis Hanol) #12

Hmm, yeah, something’s wrong here :frowning:

Having a look… :mag:

(Régis Hanol) #13

Ok, this should be fixed now :pineapple:

(Jeff Atwood) #15

This topic was automatically closed after 30 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.