Unable to edit topic body

(sati) #1

I have updated to the latest commits of Discourse and now my users (and admins) are unable to make any edits to topics. Editing replies works, as does things like changing the topic category, but when it comes to editing the actual topic body, it appears to make the edit but upon refreshing no changes have been made.
Can anyone please advise what is the correct method to debug this behaviour?

(sati) #2

Ok I have now rectified the problem - it was just one post that was unable to be edited and it seems to have been something with the formatting (markdown) of the post causing the error for it to not be editable. Though I’m not entirely sure which element was causing it.

(Sam Saffron) #3

I am leaving this open for a few days, I saw something similar yesterday, would really appreciate a repro if someone can come up with it.

It was like the editor went into “something is too short” mode and only kicked out of it on full refresh.

(Jeff Atwood) #4

Ok if anyone can post a repro on try.discourse.org, give it a shot. Have not seen this myself.

(Jeff Atwood) #5

This topic was automatically closed after 10 days. New replies are no longer allowed.