Unable to fetch mail from POP3 server with self signed SSL cert

(Admir Hodzic) #1

Looks like since version 1.1.0.beta3 my discource wont to fetch mails from POP3 server anymore.
Before it worked well bu now there is remaning mails in mailbox
When I look at LOGS i see

Job exception: SSL_connect returned=1 errno=0 state=SSLv3 read server certificate B: certificate verify failed

Backtrace

/opt/bitnami/ruby/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/pop.rb:552:in `connect'
/opt/bitnami/ruby/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/pop.rb:552:in `do_start'
/opt/bitnami/ruby/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/pop.rb:532:in `start'
/opt/bitnami/apps/discourse/htdocs/app/jobs/scheduled/poll_mailbox.rb:79:in `poll_pop3'
/opt/bitnami/apps/discourse/htdocs/app/jobs/scheduled/poll_mailbox.rb:18:in `execute'
/opt/bitnami/apps/discourse/htdocs/app/jobs/base.rb:154:in `block (2 levels) in perform'

ENV:

current_db: default
current_hostname: 172.16.0.17
job: Jobs::PollMailbox
problem_db: default

opts:

Looks like Discourse complain to my self-singed SSL certificates which is installed on my mail server.
Is there a way to make discource ignore unsecured SSL certificate when fetchng mails from POP3

(Sam Saffron) #2

If you don’t care about certs why not use pop3 as opposed to pop3s

(Jens Maier) #3

Alternatively, add some custom code to your app.yml that places your self-signed certificate in OpenSSL’s trusted certificate store.

Detailed explanations and examples can be found here:
http://gagravarr.org/writing/openssl-certs/others.shtml#ca-openssl

(James Hayward) #4

This doesn’t seem to be limited to self-signed certificates.

We have a paid for certificate and it doesn’t work in beta3 for POP. It works in previous versions.

SMTP to the same server is working!

J

(Sören) #5

Hi,

i also have the Probleme. We use startssl for ouer POP3 Server. I add the Certificat to the Server and also to the docker container. For this I used the following howto Adding CAcert root certificate to Debian/Ubuntu - properly - Brightbox Cloud

But i still get the Message

Job exception: SSL_connect returned=1 errno=0 state=SSLv3 read server certificate B: certificate verify failed

Do you have a tipp how i can fix it?

(Andy Balholm) #6

I have a PostitiveSSL certificate on my mail server, which worked until recently. But now Discourse is rejecting it.