Unable to start docker service (latest step)

Hi all,

I’m trying to install Discourse and I’m blocked at the latest step so ./launcher start app and I get this error message:

which: no docker.io in (/root/.nvm/versions/node/v6.9.5/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/opt/cpanel/composer/bin:/root/bin)

starting up existing container

• /usr/bin/docker start app
    Error response from daemon: driver failed programming external connectivity on endpoint app (ebbc0f3d113059f4cf4ab7647e967144b7eb0fdf4cccbc59534bc38728b064f8): Error starting userland proxy: listen tcp 0.0.0.0:443: bind: address already in use
    Error: failed to start containers: app

I use Litespeed for the other domains but apparently, there is an issue with the port 443 I don’t kno see below:

tcp6 0 0 ::1:443 :::* LISTEN 15057/litespeed (ls

I don’t want to break the other website so how do I solve this please cause it is the latest step…

I tried to start the docker service but I get this error message:

Redirecting to /bin/systemctl start docker.service

I ran yum update (because I’m on Centos) and installed the latest kernel and tried again but same result.
So I presume, the issue comes from the docker service I’m unable to start?

Please help cause I’m on the latest step. :frowning:

PS: I don’t use Firewalld

Do you have other websites installed in the same instance? If yes then read here Running other websites on the same machine as Discourse

Sorry but this is too geek for me, can you please elaborate? I can execute a few commands via SSH but I’m not an expert or coder or system admin…

I’m on Centos so I use yum and not apt-get.
As explained above, I use Litespeed by default and I have 2 other websites…

To be honest, I tried yesterday to install NodeBB but without success because I had to install Ngynx and a lot of things…
That’s why I’m here and trying to install discourse…

I follow the steps via a tuto on Youtube but blocked at the latest step (see above error message).

If you’re already running sites on your host, you will need special configuration for this to work.

The easiest way forward is to install Discourse on a new, dedicated VM (e.g. at DigitalOcean). This will then be a typical setup, so being able to follow the install instructions should be enough to get this up and running :slight_smile:

If you insist on installing Discourse on your existing host, you’ll have to follow the spirit of the instructions in the topic @vinothkannans linked to, but the details will differ. This is a more advanced setup, so I’d recommend that you go for the dedicated host instead.

2 Likes