Unexpected TOS text in “/admin/users/{username}” display page

(Michael Downey) #1

Continuing the discussion from Unexpected TOS text in “/admin/users/{username}” display page:

I’m not sure if this was ever actually fixed, or just closed by mistake, but the same problem is still there on my latest up-to-date installation. :frowning:

(Dean Taylor) #2

To me the responses from @eviltrout and @codinghorror indicated this was expected.

Although the update never changed to look like @eviltrout’s expectations here:

And still looks wrong.

(Robin Ward) #3

Sorry I think I wasn’t clear.

There are now two fields, “Name” and “Description”.

Description can contain HTML and will be displayed as such on signup and on the user’s profile page. Name is just the name of the field and is used on the admin page. It shouldn’t have HTML in it.

If your field name has HTML I think it has to do with the migration from the old “one field” approach to two fields. Just go into User fields and change the name to “TOS” or something and leave the HTML in the description field and you should be good to go!

(The fix was enabling HTML in description)

(Michael Downey) #4

Sure, but at least for us, we didn’t add any User Fields. This is something “out of the box”, and it’s broken. I assume the workaround is for admins to go in and change it now that it’s a user field, right?

But couldn’t (shouldn’t?) it be fixed for all users that have this existing user field by default?

//discourse-meta.s3-us-west-1.amazonaws.com/original/3X/d/6/d6343b9f585623daa258af5506c290bd1c375eff.png

(Robin Ward) #5

You’ve convinced me. In the latest version if your database has that field it will be automatically changed for you.

(Jeff Atwood) #6