Uniform width category headings

(Allen - Watchman Monitoring) #1

Continuing the discussion from Full-width Category Badges in Dropdown vs Variable Width:

I have a view of my discourse which reminds me of this thread… could we get these category widths to be uniform?

(my attempts ended up effecting the entire UI, so I’m posting the request here instead)

(Kane York) #2

This customization works:

#topic-list .badge-category {
  display: block;
  text-align: center;
}
#topics .badge-category {
  text-align: center;
}
#topic-list.categories .badge-category {
}

#topic-list.categories .pull-left {
    width: 250px; /* ADJUST THIS FOR YOUR FORUM */
}

@watchmanmonitor make sure to refresh so you see my edits

Topic List design experiments
(Jeff Atwood) #3

That is not the design intent, so it will not be in core. Variable width is expected.

(Allen - Watchman Monitoring) #4

Thanks @riking , that worked … the /categories page would still need a treatment.

@codinghorror - This is a simple fix in css, so I don’t have a dog in the hunt regarding its inclusion in core… but why fix it in one place (the menu) if it’s not going to be fixed everywhere?

Is there a way to do this when using sub-category labels?

Our forum ends up looking like this with the parent category colour on a line above the sub-category:

(Kane York) #6

Hmmm… I’m not sure at the moment. Try playing around in your browser’s developer tools to try and get some CSS that works.

We’ve been trying on and off for a couple of weeks now but can’t seem to find anything that works. Granted, I’m not very good with CSS so that is probably it!