Uninstall a plugin, plugin reload

(Jakub Ryška) #1

Hi,

how do uninstall a plugin? I installed the plugin by cloning a git repo in the plugins dir. I thought, that rm -ring of the plugin directory would delete the plugin, but there is an error when I access the /, some part of the code still tries to use the deleted files.

can not load translations from /vagrant/plugins/auth0/config/locales/server.en.yml: #<Errno::ENOENT: No such file or directory - /vagrant/plugins/auth0/config/locales/server.en.yml>

I guess there are some generated files that still reference the deleted file. How can I regerenate them? Or is it something different?

(Kane York) #2

Have you restarted the server…? It shouldn’t be trying to access those paths if you restarted the server.

(Jakub Ryška) #3

Thanks, that worked, I mean the vagrant guide says

You can now edit files on your local file system, using your favorite text editor or IDE. When you reload your web browser, it should have the latest changes.

So this does not apply to plugin development? Is there a way how to avoid restarting the server when developing plugins? When I’m deleting the plugin, it’s not annoying to have to restart the server, but doing that after every single edit is…

(CJ) #4

@coubeatczech Have you found a way to speed up plugin development on vagrant?

(Sam Saffron) #5

If your filesystem is on the host you are hosed. all files need to live in the VM