"Up to date" or not?

Continuing the discussion from Broken "Welcome To" after last upgrade:

All right, excuse my ignorance with github, but how could I compare my actual version with the last version of discourse without enter to /admin/upgrade ?

(Jeff Atwood) #2

If you are out of date enough (beta3 vs. beta4) you will be notified on the admin dashboard. If you are only mildly out of date (beta5 +23 vs. beta5 +40) you must visit the upgrade page directly.

Simply view source to see your current version from any location. Or visit /admin to see the version at the top of the admin dashboard.

Thanks.

Right now in my spanish forum:

But., if I went to /admin/upgrade

Why? :’(

Thats why I need to compare versions from other site (such as github, for example).
But I don’t know how to do it.

(Jeff Atwood) #4

Simply follow the instructions printed on your screenshot.

I don’t understand what your question is. Follow the instructions on your screen.

(Tarak'ha) #5

I gently suggest the idea to change that copy.

Eg:

You are running an old version of the Discourse image.

Upgrades via the web UI are disabled until you run the latest image.

To run the latest image and re-gain access to the web UI, please log in to your server using SSH and run:

<cmd>

(Sam Saffron) #6

I am not sure putting more words on the screen will solve this particular problem

I understand that with the instructions on the screen capture the problem is solved. What I wanted to ask this issue was how to compare my current version against the version of the image of Discourse (official).

Since the /admin for more than said that I’m updated, what actually happens is that I was running a version of the old image.
That’s all.

Ps, excuse my English.

(Sam) #8

Ah, so basically is there a way to know whether or not SSH + git pull will do anything without actually SSH’ing into your server and running git pull?

As far as I know, no, but that shouldn’t really be any issue. Discourse seems to do a good job of notifying you when running this particular update (which is a separate update from what you run at /admin/upgrade and see on the dashboard at /admin) is necessary. As you have just seen. :smile:

And when it’s not necessary, well, it’s not necessary.