Update is not synchronized

(Renis) #1

I was trying to update from admin panel, and as the update didn’t go through I did a rollback to update from terminal. Now git pull is

Already up-to-date.

from admin panel:
Version v1.7.0.beta8 +39 1.8.0.beta4 Updates are available. Please upgrade!

tried to run rebuild for several times.
./launcher rebuild app

But it doesn’t update…

(Renis) #2

I did a clean up and rebuild. but now saying is downloading 1.3.10 :confused:

Unable to find image 'discourse/discourse:1.3.10' locally
1.3.10: Pulling from discourse/discourse

(Andrew Waugh) #3

The version numbers of the docker containers aren’t the same as the version numbers shown in /admin.

As I understand it, The docker image:1.3.10 contains discourse:1.8.0.beta4, and the +nn are patches to that.

(Renis) #4

Ah, okay didn’t know that! Thank you @JagWaugh

docker images

REPOSITORY             TAG                 IMAGE ID            CREATED             SIZE
local_discourse/app    latest              1b6885202cfd        7 minutes ago       2.41 GB
discourse/discourse    1.3.10              1881a9bd3afd        4 weeks ago         1.54 GB
samsaffron/docker-gc   latest              54ca424ca8d6        15 months ago       57.7 MB

is ok to delete the last row?

(Andrew Waugh) #5

I’m not sure what happens if you do. It’s only 57 MB.

If you watch what happens when you do ./launcher upgrade app you will see that docker-gc gets pulled and loaded, I think it is a sort of “helper” container which does some of the work while upgrading.

(Mittineague) #6

Only a wild guess here, but to me “gc” suggests it has something to do with “Garbage Collection”

I’m thinking it may be a type of “trash folder” that might come in useful if you need to roll things back with a “restore”.

(Felix Freiberger) #7

I’m pretty sure that the docker-gc image implements the launcher cleanup command :slight_smile:

(Andrew Waugh) #8

If you run docker stats in a separate window when you are doing ./launcher rebuild app and such you will see that various images are pulled and started.

Don’t confuse me with an expert… I’m still at the stage of poking it with a stick to see what it does.