Update to 1.9.0.beta5 fails to start discourse after rebuild

(Iceman) #1

Hi guys,

Just updated to 1.9.0.beta5 and after doing an App Rebuild (same process as always) I get this error:

./launcher: line 256: selinuxenabled: command not found

The Discourse Installation then loads to a white page, nothing else.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

I can provide more info if needed.

Thanks in Advance!

(Jeff Atwood) #2

Yes this is a change @sam merged in from @db48x looks like we need to revert that change.

(Iceman) #3

Is there a way of “rolling back” the repository in the local macchine to a previous state to rebuild?

Thanks Jeff!

(Sam Saffron) #4

Good call, reverted now.

(Iceman) #5

Hi @sam ,

First of all, thanks for the quick-fix.

Just a doubt, I pulled the code again, now it rebuilds without that error but the discourse installation still appears blank. Can that be related? Maybe I’m missing something, a cache cleanup or something like that?

BTW: For some reason the disk usage of the machine that cointained Discourse (and only Discourse) increased by 20%. Don’t know if it may be related, just to point it out, as just happened with the update process.

Update 2: I can confirm that the increments are consistent with every time I rebuild the app, never happened on previous updates:

(Felix Freiberger) #6

The disk usage increase is normal, Launcher will not delete old images until you run ./launcher cleanup :slight_smile:

It’s most likely unrelated and is typically caused by plugins or site customizations. Try browsing to /safe-mode on your site to enable safe mode – if your site works then, it’s one of these.
If safe mode doesn’t help, it may still be a plugin – comment out any line cloning a plugin not coming from https://github.com/discourse/ and rebuild. Does this help?

(Iceman) #7

Thank you so much.

I didn’t knew the Cleanup command/trick, out of nowhere so much free space… :stuck_out_tongue: Thanks!

And the issue, yes, it was a plugin. After hunting around I found this:

Everything is working now as intended. Thanks to @fefrei, @sam and @codinghorror! You guys are great!