Updates changed quite a few styles

(Bill Snider) #1

We just did the latest update, well updates, and as a result many of my styles have been changed. Is there anything I can do to easily “undo” the CSS changes made by the updates.

(Allen - Watchman Monitoring) #2

Not sure if you want to, but I’m sure that posting your customizations, and pointing out which ones broke would help a lot.

(Sam Saffron) #3

not really, its the nature of being in the beta stream, we needed to do a lot of category badge cleanup.

(Bill Snider) #4

No problem. How often do you make the style changes, and is it possible to get a list of those changes so I can track them?

(Sam Saffron) #5

Eventually when you host with us you will have a staging site which we can keep constantly deployed that way you can keep an eye on stuff as it happens and ensure prd is not affected.

The main list we maintain is source control, sometimes for months stuff will be fairly stable but then there is a burst of change. Current change with category badges was necessary as it was getting very unmaintainable.

(Bill Snider) #6

All right, no problem. Yup, I’m counting on that staging server.

(Bill Snider) #7

Also, I noticed the custom css field is acting a little buggy. And I can’t get the search function within the field to work. Should I post this in the bug forum?

(Sam Saffron) #8

Yes, please do, just had a look and I can confirm @eviltrout looks like your changes broke this. ace is no longer syntax highlighting properly in site-customizations

(Robin Ward) #9

Oops I will fix Tomorrow.

(Sam Saffron) #10

oops, forgot to mention here, but I just fixed it.

(Jonathan Wexler) #11

Did recent changes shrink the category badges that were long rectangles to short 10 pixel wide markers? If so - can we revert to previous versions of Discourse?

I just updated tonight and noticed this change to my category badges - and had made cool styling changes myself to them which are now lost.

(Sam Saffron) #12

@awesomerobot did a round of changes on the badges to support better styling, we now support 3 styles out of the box (bullet / bar / box)

You are going to need to update your styles. We do not plan to change the structure any more in the near future.