Upgrade Grayed Out

(Muíran Shíoraí) #1

For some reason upgrade is grayed out.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

(Andrew Waugh) #2

Did you wait long enough for the whole list of plugins to be evaluated?

(Joshua Rosenfeld) #3

More specifically, if there is a Docker Manager update (and there was one recently) you’ll need to upgrade that first.

(Muíran Shíoraí) #4

Yes, clicked on the page then worked on adifferent site.

(Muíran Shíoraí) #5

Oh the Docker update. Is there a tutorial on that you can share?

(Joshua Rosenfeld) #6

Nope…it’s the same as any other upgrade. Scroll down, click “upgrade to latest version” on the Docker Manager item.

(Muíran Shíoraí) #7

Thanks, it finally showed up. :+1:

(Andrew Waugh) #8

For the web interface there isn’t much to it. I generally start from the bottom, upgrading the plugins by clicking on “Upgrade to the latest”, then “Start Upgrading” on the page that then appears. Once that plugin is updated then you can return to the “versions” tab and wait for it to refresh, then do the next plugin until you get to discourse itself.

As a matter of fact, on my testing site, if there are a bunch of things with updates pending I usually SSH into the instance and do a ./launcher rebuild app, but this entails a bit of downtime.

When I’m in the CLI I usually also do an apt-get update and upgrade, but that’s just me.

(Robby O'Connor) #9

Unless I have to – I prefer to not bring the site down…I mean the docker manager upgrade tool does it sorta with zero downtime – sort of.