Upgrade memory and image problems

(Mittineague) #1

A few days ago I updated my Windows 10 (other than the usual messing with the sounds cards, seems OK) . This may be related to my current problem.

I wanted to do some work on Style coding. I made sure my backup was good, went to upgrade to find I had two in need - “discourse” and “docker-manager”. I upgraded docker-manger. Upon going to admin/upgrade I got a “discourse image” message.

OK, to the CLI :grimacing: After autoclean and autoremove

mittineague@ubuntu:/$ cd /var/discourse
mittineague@ubuntu:/var/discourse$ sudo ./launcher cleanup
You have less than 5GB of free space on the disk. You will need more space to continue

Would you like to attempt to recover space by cleaning docker images and containers in the system?(y/N)y
WARNING! This will remove:

• all stopped containers
  • all volumes not used by at least one container
  • all networks not used by at least one container
  • all dangling images
    Are you sure you want to continue? [y/N] y
    Total reclaimed space: 0B
    If the cleanup was successful, you may try again now
    mittineague@ubuntu:/var/discourse$

It may be nothing but I wonder about the last “continue?” it has brackets instead of parentheses and unlike the previous “system?” it does not seem to respond to keydown.

tl;dr
docker autoclean and autoremove seem OK
./launcher rebuild app - "You have less than 5GB of free space on the disk."
admin dashboard

Version v1.8.0.beta11 +55 1.9.0.beta4 A critical update is available. Please upgrade!

/admin/upgrade

You are running an old version of the Discourse image.

Upgrades via the web UI are disabled until you run the latest image.

To do so log in to your server using SSH and run:

cd /var/discourse
git pull
./launcher rebuild app

More info on our support site 

Anything I should provide to make it easier to help me, just ask! I’m stuck in a circle!

(Rafael dos Santos Silva) #2

Oh I have a PR to fix pre-reqs being checked on cleanup, gimme a few moments.

Btw, @Mittineague what’s your docker version and docker info --format '{{.DockerRootDir}}' output?

(Mittineague) #3

Thanks for asking, They are not very simpatico by the looks of it

mittineague@ubuntu:~$ docker version
Client:
 Version:      17.05.0-ce
 API version:  1.29
 Go version:   go1.7.5
 Git commit:   89658be
 Built:        Thu May  4 22:10:54 2017
 OS/Arch:      linux/amd64
Got permission denied while trying to connect to the Docker daemon socket at unix:///var/run/docker.sock: Get http://%2Fvar%2Frun%2Fdocker.sock/v1.29/version: dial unix /var/run/docker.sock: connect: permission denied
mittineague@ubuntu:~$ docker info --format '{{.DockerRootDir}}'
Got permission denied while trying to connect to the Docker daemon socket at unix:///var/run/docker.sock: Get http://%2Fvar%2Frun%2Fdocker.sock/v1.29/info: dial unix /var/run/docker.sock: connect: permission denied
mittineague@ubuntu:~$

(Rafael dos Santos Silva) #4

It’s because the last one is a Docker prompt, we are just shelling to the new official docker system prune.

I just added a new commit, so we don’t check prereqs on a cleanup. Moving forward we are soon going to bump Docker minimum version to 17.x and remove the special cleanup in favor of the built-in one.

(Mittineague) #5

In the CLI I ran

cd /var/discourse 
sudo ./launcher rebuild app --skip-prereqs 

It seemed like there was a bit more going on than usual with some copy-rename-delete folders-files Docker to CE lines. But it all looks to be back to working order now :smiley:

upgrade

You have less than 5GB of free space on the disk. You will need more space to continue