Upgrade to Beta8 deletes all icons

(Sebastian) #1

Just upgraded to beta8 and now all images are gone (small logo, big logo, favicons, all these things)…

I do not make a new topic, after updating the latest version I have a little problem:

logo-d

When I use the scroll in the topic, the discourse logo appears.

mini-bug

(Jay Pfaffman) #3

run /wizard to replace them.

(Sebastian) #4

I know how to replace them, even without the wizard. The point is they were there and the update removed them, which is not exactly what should be happening… :slight_smile:

(Chris Croome) #5

I have had the same thing happen (icons vanish and need to be uploaded again) on a couple of servers.

(Joshua Rosenfeld) #6

What version did you upgrade from?

(Sebastian) #7

the one before, beta7, I always upgrade when I get that email that an upgrade is available, since it is not yet a very active forum and I can afford to “break stuff” :wink:

(Joshua Rosenfeld) #8

Interesting. If you were jumping versions, perhaps from an early 2.2.0 beta before we changed site setting image uploads, I’d be less surprised. Perhaps @sam or @tgxworld have thoughts?

(Chris Croome) #10

A development server that had the default icons that Discourse comes with, that I have just upgraded from v2.2.0.beta7 +13 to v2.2.0.beta8 +10 and the icons have gone, see:

This is a screenshot of the settings.

(Alan Tan) #11

Can you provide me with the output of the following commands?

./launcher enter app
rails c
SiteSetting.where(name: "logo_url").first

(Alan Tan) #12

This is a new change. See FIX: Show title as home logo if title has been set and logo is blank. · discourse/discourse@2956c52 · GitHub

Hei @tgxworld

Do you have any idea why the discourse logo appears, if the settings is the default? I have posted a screenshot on the top.

(Alan Tan) #14

The default logo does not appear at the moment but we do have a pending fix in the pipeline.

(Chris Croome) #15

Here you go:

./launcher enter app
rails c
[1] pry(main)> SiteSetting.where(name: "logo_url").first
=> nil

(Alan Tan) #16

It doesn’t look like logo_url was configured in the first place. Which other icons did you notice go missing?

(Chris Croome) #17

No logo configuration had been done, the site did have the default Discourse logo before the last upgrade, now it doesn’t, look for yourself:

This is a months old site that was setup to do some development with, but that development never happened so I have simply been upgrading it when prompted.

(Alan Tan) #18

O this is a recent change in FIX: Show title as home logo if title has been set and logo is blank. · discourse/discourse@2956c52 · GitHub.

(Chris Croome) #19

There is no web-based upgrade available, are you suggesting that I rebuild the app on the command line? Or are you saying that the behavior I have reported is to be expected?

(Alan Tan) #20

The behavior is expected.

(Chris Croome) #21

Thanks for the clarification, I’ll now upgrade some other servers and re-add the images that will vanish as a result of the upgrade, perhaps it it might be possible to make it clearer that people should expect to have to re-add the site logos after this upgrade — I probably won’t be the last person to suspect that this is a bug rather than a feature.