Upgrading Ember to 1.9.0: Possible Regressions!

(Robin Ward) #1

This morning I upgraded us to Ember 1.9.0 in master. It’s been automatically deployed to meta.discourse.org and try.discourse.org

The good news is: we should see a nice little speed improvement due to optimizations in the new build. The bad news is, the upgrade involved changing many templates to remove deprecations, and that is error prone.

I did my best to review every change I made, but if you’ve ever been a programmer you’ll probably know that when you do a lot of repetitive work, you are more likely to create bugs.

So please consider this a warning: if you are one of those who live on the edge of Discourse development and deploy master constantly, there might be some regressions due to this large update. You might want to wait a couple of days before deploying your servers.

For those of you who only deploy beta or stable releases, you should be fine. I expect we’ll catch any errors by the time you deploy again.

Also please report anything you see hastily, I’ll fix it ASAP!

Thanks!

:fish:

Translation string showing up on the Summarizing Topic card in meta
Lost left piece of parent category color on category badge
(Robin Ward) #4

(Tobias Eigen) #5

can you let us know when it is reasonably safe to start upgrading again? :slight_smile:

(Jeff Atwood) #6

It is fairly safe right now IMO.

(Robin Ward) #8

I think we’ve caught the majority of the regressions now so I’m going to unpin this. Thanks for all the help everyone!

(Jeff Atwood) #9