Uploaded images disappeared

(Will Glass Husain) #1

Hi,

I’m running 1.5 beta 1. After installing I uploaded an image into a message (in the “assets” thread, and set up gravatar images for a couple of users.

As other users registered on the site, suddenly all my user-uploaded image links were broken. I had to re-upload the assets and the user preferences. Newly uploaded images appear fine.

Is this a known issue?

I have my site set up with a subfolder – could this be related to that?

(Mittineague) #2

I’ve noticed what may be related before.
It seems the URL changes (after sidekiq runs?)

So maybe you copied the URL before the change?
If you go back to the resource post do the images still have the same URL you copied?

(Will Glass Husain) #3

the original resource post also has the broken image.

(Jeff Atwood) #4

If you are using a CDN (are you?) the URLs will change as the assets move to the CDN. So if you copied out the uploaded images super fast after posting, there could be an issue.

(Will Glass Husain) #5

I’m using a fairly vanilla install. Is there use of a CDN built in? (don’t mean to be dense).

What doesn’t make sense with that explanation is that all the user profile pictures disappeared. So not just uploaded images.

Maybe this occurred when I upgraded from 1.4 to 1.5 beta. I didn’t notice it at the time, but the images could have been browser cached. The problem might not have shown up till I cleared my cache.

(Kane York) #6

Note that the Gravatars are downloaded from Gravatar and treated as uploaded images.