URL parameter to force mobile theme?

(Joe Seyfried) #1

Hi all,

I’m not really sure where to dig for this one, so I’ll just post it along: is there any parameter to force Discourse into displaying the mobile view? Like Example Domain?

(Sam Saffron) #2

(Joe Seyfried) #3

Pow. I’m a little afraid next time you’re posting the answers before I can post my question… thanks a million… :wink:

(Joe Seyfried) #4

Hm… that’s not stored in a cookie or somewhere? As soon as I use this, I’m dumped into mobile view in another context, too…

(Kane York) #5

It’s stored in the session, I believe.

(Jeff Atwood) #6

Why do you need that?

1. Use Chrome
  2. Press f12
  3. Click the mobile icon in the developer toolbar (2nd one from left)
  4. Select your device from the drop-down at the top of the page
  5. Refresh page

Done!

(Joe Seyfried) #7

Thanks, Kane. Felt like that…

I’m currently evaluating my options for a shoutbox plugin. The quick&dirty solution would be an iframe with the (unlisted) shoutbox topic. And this should come with a minimum of Dekoration and fluff… That’s why.

(Eli the Bearded) #8

Here’s why. https://bbs.nextthing.co/ is a discourse for a Raspberry pi competitor. The $50 pocketCHIP ($9 CHIP + screen, battery, keyboard “pocket” unit) have has a screen of about 480x240. Chrome is not going to work there. surf works, and is fairly usable in mobile view on that screen size. I’ll play around more before giving a full list of what does and does not work.

(Eli the Bearded) #9

A couple of hours later and the only issue I’m noticing is for scroll bars in the post edit box: it goes underneath the the editor tools bar: