Use a text logo instead of an image logo

(Cezar Carvalho Pereira) #1

Currently, if you leave the logo_url field blank - or specify a wrong url - the result is a missing image with alt text set to the forum’s title:

I believe it would be nice to have this case fallback gracefully to using a text logo where the image would be, with the value set to be the forum’s title. This would not only allow for intentionally setting a logo that is text based, but would also show a better result in case of missing assets.

Edit: In case you people think it is interesting, I’d be more than glad to implement it.

(Neil Lalonde) #2

I like it. So many Discourse sites still use the default pencil-sketch logo, so this would make it a lot easier for them to stop using that logo!

(knwang) #3

:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

have to repeat it to meet the minimum content requirement!

(Cezar Carvalho Pereira) #4

Nice. I will get to work on it and send a pull request.

(Chris DeKonink) #5

This works perfectly for what I was doing. Thanks!

(Cezar Carvalho Pereira) #6

Glad to hear that =)

Turns out I forgot to post here after I submitted the pull request and it
got accepted. It works just fine now.

(A Zeynel) #7

This was very helpful, thanks.

(Ben Jones) #8

@cezar Sorry I think i’m missing something, so how do you actually add a text logo as the default logo?

(probus) #9

If you leave the logo_url field blank in admin settings, it will default to a text logo of your sites name.

I think this could be made even better if the small logo would default to a home logo when left blank, like this for example: fa-home: Font Awesome Icons

Discourse Development Contribution Guidelines