User badges 500 internal server error

(OvermindDL1) #1

I have the latest version of discourse, always staying up-to-date about once a week, running in the standard docker container with the standard install instructions.

I got a report from a user that when they go to their badges they get a 500 internal server error, and apparently everyone does if they look at his badges profile: http://discuss.minecraftforge.net/users/matthewprenger/badges

I checked the error logs and I found this:

NoMethodError (undefined method `position' for nil:NilClass)

Found another profile it happens to:
http://discuss.minecraftforge.net/users/abrarsyed/badges

A cursory google check does not reveal this issue happening to anyone else. Any ideas?

(Jeff Atwood) #2

Do you have any custom badges set up?

(OvermindDL1) #3

I think the only addon that does is GitHub badges, should I attempt removing it?

Which reminds me, the ./launcher rebuild < containers > (why does removing the spaces make it invisible, not in an html block… I might be too used to asciidoc…) takes it down, then rebuilds, then brings it up, any chance of changing it to rebuild elsewhere, then take it down, move to where they should be, then bring it up to minimize downtime since that process takes almost ten minutes?

(Kane York) #4

No, badges are set up in the admin panel, /admin/badges. I think one of them doesn’t have a badge grouping set.

(OvermindDL1) #5

Ah! Indeed that was it, added all of the Github badges to a new Github group fixed the issue, fascinating. Was it my fault that it originally happened or did the github badges plugin not set something up right?

(Kane York) #6

Hmm… Now that I think about it, the badge groupings likely didn’t exist when you installed the plugin, and were added later. It got “manually fixed” here on Meta, as part of testing the feature. Which is why nobody noticed.

I think this is resolved now.

(OvermindDL1) #7

Makes sense.

I shall adjust the title to reflect that (pondering a plugin that you can click a button to mark a thread as Solved…)

(Kane York) #8

Nope, resolved topics are closed here on Meta.