We are trying to push custom fields to Discourse from our SSO platform. Our objective is to use a webhook catching the new_user event and perform some tasks using our custom fields.
In my SSO platform I set the custom field “custom.cityId=35249”. I checked my logs and I’m able to confirm that this parameter is successfully sent to Discourse.
However, when i check the webhook logs (user_created event) I see that custom_fields is set to null!
If i ask the user to manually edit their profile (change the name for example) and save it, then the webhook is triggered and I can see this custom field in the logs…
We are running the latest version of Discourse (Version v1.9.0.beta13 +155 1.9.0.beta13)