User missing alerts

(Robert Lauriston) #1

One of my users on foodtalkcentral.com is complaining about not getting alerts. Someone sends a message or posts a reply and there’s no blue dot on the profile avatar.

(Jeff Atwood) #2

We need specific repro steps, as we haven’t been able to reproduce this. You can use http://try.discourse.org as needed.

repro = reproduction?

(Sam Saffron) #4

Yes, repr=reproduction.

First confirm you are not muting the topic and so on.

Ahhh… okay. BTW it is not just the blue dots. Some replies, etc are not showing up in my history either. As if they don’t exist. This morning I came across a reply w/a quote of mine. There was no blue dot and it’s not in my history. What kind of repro do you need? I want to get it right. Because I spent an hour screenshot-ing w/descriptions and sent them to who I thought they should go to at discourse. Thank you.

(Sam Saffron) #6

Well I need a specific example for starters, can you put one here?

Okay. No problem. I had been conversing with Jeff from discourse on FTC and gave him all the info. I thought that was sufficient. Here it goes… I am not receiving all of my messages, either by the blue dot and they won’t even be in history, as if they never existed: replies, likes, @, quotes, etc. I found this out because I will come across them when in a thread.

(Sam Saffron) #8

that still does not help me, I need specific examples with links to the problem.

Okay. I’m out. When I get home I will pull up some stuff for you. Is there a way to do it without giving you whole thread?

(Jeff Atwood) #10

Click the link button to copy a link for any post or topic.

Yes… I recently had difficulty with that as well, trying to email just one post. I’ll give it another try.

I received no blue dot and nothing in what I call the drop-down menu. If I hadn’t clicked onto this thread I would have no knowledge that Bigmouth replied to or quoted me.

This is a screenshot of what I call the drop-down menu.

(Mittineague) #14

Hmmm. Your post shows the “2 Replies v” but Bigmouth’s post shows it’s a reply to bulavinaka’s post (the first post quoted).

(Jeff Atwood) #15

We had an hour long global outage a day ago, if the message arrived in that time interval it’s possible the notification was lost. There’s also a slim chance that notifications can be lost if they arrive in the middle of a deploy.

Unless you’re seeing a pattern here or have reproduction steps I wouldn’t worry about it.