User must read tos and faq before posting

(Ricardo Viteri) #1

Hello, is there a way to setup discourse to force newly registered users to read the top and faq before posting?

(Mittineague) #2

You can not “force” anyone to read anything.

But I think it would be possible to “nag” New members to at least go to the FAQ page and hopefully they would read it.

There is a “read the FAQ” badge

https://meta.discourse.org/badges/16/read-guidelines

Which I imagine if used with other data could do something close to what you want.

(Jeff Atwood) #3

You can also add required checkboxes at signup via admin, customize, user fields.

(Ricardo Viteri) #4

Hi, I didn’t literally mean force someone to read. I guess I was thinking in the lines of "you can’t post unless you at least visit the faq and tos pages "

(Ricardo Viteri) #5

Hi, thanks for the tip. Is there an example of how this would work?

(Ricardo Viteri) #6

Any ideas on how to make this happen?

I’d be interested in this going even further. I’d like to see a way to for someone to read/view/load a post before going on to a certain trust level.

I’m interested in users joining and posting the forum with very little friction as low trust level user, but before they get more trust, they would have to take a closer look at capabilities and responsibilities of the higher trust levels.

Perhaps trust levels (which I’d like to see be extensible) could have prerequisites of certain badges.

(Ricardo Viteri) #8

great idea! @Barry_Chertov